Sunday, July 12, 2009

Old Friends

I met Nick (Nicky) and Patrick when I started working at West Side Child Development Center in 1997. I think they were five and seven years old and so stinking cute. I got to know the rest of the family over time, there were four boys, Nick and Patrick, Joey and Christian. I babysat the kids quite a bit. (first the four boys and then all five kids after Katy was born!) Tara and I became good friends and she even made me godmother to Christian and Kaitlynn. Once Elliet came along and we had moved a few more neighborhoods away, I didn't see them anymore. I talk to Tara on the phone every few month or so. When she called to tell me that Nick wanted us to come to his graduation party it took me a minute to realize he was graduating from HIGH SCHOOL! I can't believe how grown the boys are (Katy wasn't at the party). They are so kind and courteous, they were great with the kids. Needless to say, it was so great to see them again.


With the boys, minus Joey


Me and Tara after she got "caked"


Me with the graduate


Ziva wearing Patrick's hat


The girls learning badmitten




Patrick and Ziva


Joey


Ziva with Nick

No comments: